Leadership Academy & Football Retreat - Masconomet
Date & Time: August 18th from 11am to 5pm
Location: Camp Denison - 84 Nelson Street, Georgetown, MA
• Arrive 11 am: Check in and get situated in the classroom at the Camp Denison.
• 11:15 am: introductions of staff and players. Whip around where we get the temperature of the room and how everyone is feeling. Introductions of players(name, grade, why are you here? Introduction of Get Burly staff and program- review tenets of the program: Passion, Realization, and commitment.
Feed the courage wolf, the strength of the wolf is the pack, what being a good teammate is all about.
• 11:30 am what’s your why
11:45 Warm-Up/ Team Stretch
• 12:00- Importance of leading and following(times for each)
Review echo count and 4 count systems commence team building and leadership development activities (ready to lead….ready to follow) importance of each. This activity will be conducted outside where each member will display leadership within the team environment.
• 12:45 introduction of Box Breathing. Developing emotional resilience (control your breath, control your thoughts, control your actions) Developing mastery of the controllable aspects of football and of life.
• 1:00 Group Plank Challenge –breathe in- breathe out- easy day- we got this ……Masconomet slogan. Working together to achieve common goals. Here we are developing total team commitment.
• 1:15 lunch break
• 1:45 return to classroom: debrief on leadership exercise and how it relates to the team environment during practices and games throughout the football season. Review how this concept impacts both Individual and Team Goals. The group will write down three of each being reminded that individual goals come within the structure of team goals. Here we are striving for true understanding that "there is no I in TEAM but there is an I in wIn and that I stands for Individual responsibility to TEAM goals.
• 2:30- Dynamic warm-up
• 3:00 Teambuilding activities
• 3:30 fireside chat ceremony. Here the players are making grounded and committed statements of character and integrity in a supportive team environment.
• 4:00- return to classroom For non negotiables. Agreed upon rules the players will hold each other accountable to and goals they will support each other in reaching.
• 4:30 group presentations.
• 5:00 closing comments. Group photo and team dismissal